Welcome to the romantic tour for the sunset lovers! In a city of 7 hills here is something that you can’t miss: panoramic views, viewpoints, belvederes, “miradouros”, call it whatever you prefer, the most important thing is that in those places you are touching the sky.
Our Eco Drivers will turn On the “Roller Coaster” mode, and will take you up and down the hills to visit some of the magnificent belvederes in town.
Here are 5 potential viewpoints to visit (usually the time available allows to visit between 3 to 4 belvederes):
The first is considered the highest
The Senhora do Monte belvedere (located in Graça). The name of this viewpoint has origin from the Chapel of “Our Lady of the Hill”. This is the perfect spot for sun lovers, photographers and… pregnant women! This chapel is reputed to protect women during childbirth, what a bless…
The second is known for its beautiful garden
From São Pedro de Alcântara belvedere you have an excellent view over the Baixa district, the area around Avenida da Liberdade and the Tagus River. Basically this place is a garden with a panoramic view and next to it there is the Gloria Elevator, a funicular that has been taking passengers up and down the hill between the Restauradores Square and Bairro Alto since 1885.
The third is popular for its two greenhouses
EDWARD VII PARK is a central park, a huge green and pleasant area where some great events take place, such as Lisbon Book Fair (one of the oldest cultural festivals) or music festivals (such as Lisb-On). This is a great place for nature lovers since you can visit the hothouse (with the most exotic plants) and the greenhouse (filled with tropical plants, ponds, and endless varieties of palms and cactus).
The fourth is blessed by the sun
Portas do Sol belvedere (“the gateway of the sun”) has a glamorous view overlooking the Alfama rooftops and the Tagus River, at a short distance from Saint Jorge Castle. Here you have the best sunrise views in town, and blue is the predominant color in here!
The fifth is one of the best hideaways in the city
Torel Belvedere was renovated in 2009 with a cafe on the lower terrace. Its ex libris is an 18th-century mermaid statue, which turns into a pool every August known as the “beach of Torel.” Here you find the oldest funicular of Lisbon – Elevador do Lavra.
Discover Lisbon from another perspective, like a watchtower!
* Please bear in mind that this experience is a 2h Tuk Tuk Tour, this means that In the event of traffic or any other restrictions beyond our control, this may lead to changes regarding the planned stops in order to meet the schedule.
- Senhora do Monte (Graça)
- São Pedro de Alcântara (Príncipe Real)
- Edward VII Park (Alto do Parque)
- Portas do Sol (Graça / Castelo)
- Torel (Campo Mártires da Pátria)
- Bottled water
- Pick-up in the city centre
- Driver / Storyteller
THINGS TO CONSIDER BEFORE YOU GO
• Maximum of 6 people per vehicle.
• Average weight per passenger 80kg.
• Children 6 years old and under are not legally allowed to ride on a EcoTuk Tuk. Children 7 to 12 years old or minimum of 1.35m (4.42 feet) can ride on a Booster seat (please let us know beforehand if you need one). Minors must be accompanied by an adult.
• It´s forbidden for pregnant women and intoxicated people, not recommended to mentally or physically incapacitated people or to people with prosthesis.
• Meeting Point included – when booking, choose between 3 different locations: Rua do Comércio; Miradouro São Pedro de Alcântara; Hard Rock Café Lisboa. Specific Pick up and/or drop off is available on request upon an extra charge. The pick-ups and drop-offs are subjected to traffic limitations, as some areas in the city are restricted to residents only.
• Each Tour is accompanied by one of our Storytellers, he/she is a trained and experience driver/guide who will be providing some descriptions of the monuments and history along the way.
No-show, cancellation and refund policy:
• All reservations can be rescheduled/refunded/cancelled free of charge up until 5:00pm (local time) of the day before the activity. After that, all reservations will be charged in full at 100%.
• In case of bad weather conditions and if Boost Portugal considers that there are no safety conditions to operate the activity, it’s possible to reschedule on the same day pending availability (no refund).
Working hours: every day from 9.30 AM to 6.30 PM. Closed 25th of December and 1st of January as well as the afternoons of 24th and 31st of December.
Any questions or issues please contact (+351) 910 802 000 or email@example.com.