THE PERFECT TOUR FOR THOSE WHO BELIEVE THAT THE END OF THE WORLD IS TOMORROW.
This is our best-selling tour! In 5 hours you can visit the most important landmarks of Lisbon aboard an Eco Tuk-Tuk guided by a local Storyteller. The eco-tuk drivers have a natural vocation to tell stories and make people feel at home.
This tour option will give you privilege access to almost every sights of this city hard to compare with any other city in the world. Discover the wonderful viewpoints, the rooftops, and museums, typical and unique neighbourhoods such as Graça, Alfama and Baixa.
We have a list of things that we would like to show you in Lisbon. See if there’s something on this list that you may appreciate:
A wide glittering river, limpid skies, steep cobbled streets, palaces, churches, a glorious castle, splendid decorative tiles, fresh seafood to eat outside a tasca (bar) in the sun, an exuberant district called Bairro Alto with more than 250 appealing bars, the world’s best custard cakes, Fado music, the poetry of Fernando Pessoa, surf and ferries, fabulous design, museums, awarded wines, craft beer, 7 cinematic hills, ancient ruins, outstanding architecture, belvederes, the iconic yellow Tram 28, vintage shops, the out of space flea market, and very, very nice people…
- Commerce Square – Lisbon’s main square. Before it was destroyed by the earthquake of 1755, the Royal Palace was located here and this place worked as the commercial port of the city, it was considered the “door” to Lisbon.
- Alfama – The city’s oldest neighbourhood, home to traditional Fado houses and colourful narrow streets. A place where you feel like you’ve stepped back in time.
- Mouraria – The most multi-ethnic neighbourhood in the city where you find food from all over the world and one of the most beautiful tiled façades (Viúva de Lamego – tiles and ceramics shop).
- Graça – On the highest of the seven hills, Graça is located next to the iconic São Jorge Castle and is famous for the superb views.
- Senhora do Monte Belvedere – One of the highest points in the city with a magnificent view.
- Chiado – The trendiest neighbourhood, a must!
- Carmo Square – This historic and picturesque square was the scene of the 1974 Carnation Revolution.
- São Pedro de Alcântara Belvedere – This privileged location offers scenic panoramic views over the Castle of Saint George and the centre of the city.
- Estrela – A calm and prosperous district where you may see the Royal Basilica of Estrela with its ornate Baroque facade and the pleasant Estrela Garden.
- Belém – Always associated with the early Portuguese explorers and the Age of Discovery. Here you may find many historic monuments that celebrate this glorious past, some of them are listed as UNESCO World Heritage (Belém Tower, Jerónimos Monastery).
- Jerónimos Monastery – A World Heritage monument, one of the most prominent examples of the Portuguese Late Gothic Manueline style of architecture in Lisbon.
- Belém Tower – Built on the northern bank of the Tagus River between 1514 and 1520, the Belém Tower is one of the architectural jewels of the reign of Manuel I.
- Monument to the Discoveries – An impressive monument to praise the qualities of the Portuguese people. It represents a three-sailed ship ready to depart, with sculptures of important historical figures such as King Manuel I, poet Camões, Vasco da Gama, and several other notable Portuguese explorers.
Custard Tart (pastel de nata) – The famous creamy custard tart available in almost all the pastelarias across the city. The recipe dates back to the 16th century, when the confections were made by nuns in convents. The challenge: try to eat only one.
Ginja Liquor – One typical drink that you must try in Lisbon. Instructions: Order your liquor “com ginja” (with a cherry in the glass) or “sem ginja” (without the cherry).
Codfish Cake – For a petisco (snack) you can´t miss the chance to try the traditional “pastel de bacalhau” (codfish cake). Bacalhau (codfish) is one of Portugal’s culinary mascots.
Private Storyteller (driver-guide)
Custom pick up and drop off in the city center
Typical sweet/savory cakes and liqueur
*Campo de preenchimento obrigatório.
* Please bear in mind that this experience is a 5h Tuk Tuk Tour, this means that In the event of traffic or any other restrictions beyond our control, this may lead to changes regarding the planned stops in order to meet the schedule.